RIGHTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
CMI makes every effort to inform students of their rights and
responsibilities.† The following information highlights studentsí rights to privacy, their responsibilities, and our standards, discipline, and
guidelines for harassment and discrimination.
1. Students have a right to privacy concerning their personal and enrollment information and status.† No information will be released publicly without the studentís knowledge and consent.
2. If a student has a concern about an instructor in relation to his or her class work, CMI established a review and appeal process to resolve issues.
3. CMI prohibits harassment and discrimination on the basis of age, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, marital status, disability, or sexual orientation, including retaliation against those making prior discrimination or harassment complaints.† If you believe that you have been a victim of discrimination or harassment, you can follow CMIís guidelines for an informal or formal complaint procedure.
4. Students are subject to disciplinary action if they commit or attempt to commit any act of misconduct on CMIís facilities, in the classroom, or at a CMI-sponsored event.
5. CMI is a smoke, alcohol, and drug-free environment.† Violators are subject to disciplinary action, including immediate explusion from a course or program without a refund.
6. Students are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner at all times.
7. Students who engage in academic dishonesty may subject themselves to disciplinary action, including immediate expulsion from a course or program without a refund.
8. Every effort will be made to begin classes on time.† In case of bad weather, students are allowed to use their discretion, however, with safety uppermost in mind.† Students are asked to allow late instructors a courtesy of fifteen minutes before leaving.
9. Students are responsible for attending all classes and completing all assignments.
10. Students understand that classes taken at CMI are for professional and/or personal enhancement and not for college-level transfer credit.
11. CMI does not allow for transfer credit, personal, professional or life experience to substitute for coursework.
12. Students who miss 3 or more classes within a single course will automatically by dropped from that course without refund or certificate of completion.† The course will need to be retaken, at full tuition.
13. CMI regrets that it cannot issue I-20 immigration forms or sponsor international students under an F-1 Student Visa.